Compusale Technologies LLC is an authorized distributor of Mikrotik in Azerbaijan.
MikroTik (officially SIA "Mikrotīkls") is a Latvian network equipment manufacturer. The company develops and sells wired and wireless network routers, network switches, access points, as well as operating systems and auxiliary software. The company was founded in 1996 with the focus of selling equipment in emerging markets. As of September 2018, the company had more than 140 employees. In 2015 it was with EUR 202m the 20th largest company in Latvia by revenue.
Why buy a MikroTik?
1. Price. In this ratio Mikrotik has no competitors. The younger models have the functionality of the older ones (RouterOS), and the price is the same as for “home routers”.
2. Opportunities. TP-Link, Dlink, Zyxell, Linksys, etc. are simply not correct to compare because these are routers and MikroTik is a full-fledged router that can be compared with Linux or Cisco. (for understanding, MikroTik does not have a wan port and lan ports, i.e. any port can be anything, it depends on how you configure the bridge and routing)
3. Highly reliable and stable performance. When carrying out testing analyzes, and accordingly with the correct settings, Mikrotik is able to work for a long time, and at the same time do not cause any problems at all. Another important detail is the presence of a scripting language that helps in the settings for any problem, as well as the presence of WatchDog (System → Watchdog approx. If 126.96.36.199 does not ping for more than 5 minutes, we overload the router.), Which allows you to avoid problems with unnecessary freezes of the router.
4. Update, documentation. To get detailed information about any update, just go to the official Wikipedia site, where all the firmware is located. It is noteworthy that you do not need to be authorized or registered to download, unlike Cisco itself, where obtaining information is a whole problem (certification status is required, and so on)
5. RouterOS is used everywhere. This allows access to a quick change of equipment, restoration to other hardware, as well as transfer (or just an offer in the form of advice) to other users. (There is a small nuance when changing a piece of hardware with an excellent version of the OS or a different number of ports, you will have to tweak the knobs, but this is not comparable to configuring everything from scratch.)
6. Virtualization. The ability to raise RouterOS on x86 (both on a really powerful piece of hardware and in Hyper-v). And thanks to the portability of the configuration, you can deploy mikrotik anywhere.
7. Useful features: The dube, the ability to measure the speed between two microtics (tools - Bandwidth test), HotSpot, a good shaper and a bunch of external billing systems.
8. Solutions scale very well. You can choose the right one for both medium-sized businesses and small ones.
MikroTik's product line includes end-user networking devices (routers, switches, and access points), bare hardware boards without enclosures, and router software.
One of the main advantages of MikroTik products is that software features are not artificially limited by licensing; every device is capable of using every compatible feature. This enables customers to select hardware solely based on physical requirements (number of ports, processing power, etc.) without being forced into purchasing more expensive equipment or additional licenses in order to use advanced features.